Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bringing home the pumpkin patch

Seven seasonals you may not know about me (us): 

1. I own a pair of orange pants (the same exact color as those pumpkins below ... 
uhmm not a surprise? :)
2. London's favorite Hungarian word is "orange", which is also probably one of the most difficult Hungarian words to pronounce "narancssarga" 
3. When I was a little girl my grandma used to bake pumpkins for me and I never liked them.  
Ever since I moved to the US I bake pumpkins every year, so that I can relive many of my childhood memories that remind me of her. 
4. I love pumpkin spice latte despite of the fact, that the flavor has probably more to do with some artificial flavoring than the pumpkin itself ...  
5.  I would love to get lost "for real" in a corn maze (preferably not alone and not in the dark :)
6.  Though it seemed romantic at the time of our wedding photos, rolling in hay is really, really really not a good idea
7. I would love to bake a pumpkin pie .. Anybody with an easy recipe?


Last weekend we took LoLo to a pumpkin patch and apple picking in NJ ... 


After a wonderful day spent with nana and papa, I decided to bring the pumpkin patch home. 

LoLo had these two pullies full of building blocks that they never used. The building blocks ended up in some toy bin and the wooden trays (one from Ikea for 7.99 USD - I have their older version and another one from Target) just kept taking up space ... I've been experimenting with Mod Podge (decoupage glue and sealer) lately and so I decided to mod podge the pulley ...
The process is easy ... clean the surface of your object, put a layer of mod podge on the object, spray water onto your paper so it's just damp, put the paper carefully on the tray and smooth. Let it dry and repeat the top layer of MP as many times as desired. (I did two layers). See the last photo? I bought the rolling tool at Michael's and it's an absolute must if you are going to mod podge anything or everything just what I am doing these days ... 


Our toddler group is having a Halloween party, 
and I think I will make cupcakes and serve it on this tray ... 


Check out the tutorial for the acorns HERE if you'd like to spend a night sewing these little buggers :) 


Did you get scared? :))))

Boo, LV


1 comment: